Fr. John Lock
October 4, 2016
20th Sunday after Pentecost
Psalm 137. Super flumina
BY THE waters of Babylon we sat down and wept : when we remembered thee, O Sion.
2. As for our harps, we hanged them up : upon the trees that are therein.
3. For they that led us away captive required of us then a song, and melody in our heaviness : Sing us one of the songs of Sion.
4. How shall we sing the Lord’s song : in a strange land?
5. If I forget thee, O Jerusalem : let my right hand forget her cunning.
6. If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth : yea, if I prefer not Jerusalem in my mirth.
7. Remember the children of Edom, O Lord, in the day of Jerusalem : how they said, Down with it, down with it, even to the ground.
8. O daughter of Babylon , wasted with misery : yea, happy shall he be that rewardeth thee, as thou hast served us.
9. Blessed shall he be that taketh thy children : and throweth them against the stones.